Monday, June 30, 2008

I Finally Found My Calling

It's been pretty much as I expected this past week and a half. I could get used to this: No driving; no lifting; much less housework; the ability to pull out the 'shoulder' card and get anyone in the house to do my bidding; Sleeping late at least four or five of these days ("I LOST COUNT!" he said in an almost half cackle). Yup, if it weren't for the pain; and being locked up in this house; and having a wife becoming unhinged because she has MORE work; and not being able to take myself anywhere; and these kids getting under my skin almost as much as I'm getting under theirs; and having work, both home-work and work-work, begin piling up...Yepyepyepyepyep, I coulda got used to this...



But it all kinda starts back up again tomorrow. I promised work that I'd start working from home full time tomorrow and go back to the office next week. The girls start their summer school tomorrow; shape of things to come, we have to get them BOTH out the door by 7:30 (any seismologists out there, please disregard the potential tremor at 7:25 AM EDT...that'll be Grace's tantrum). Linda's schedule looks more like a UPS route than a summer day: pick ups, drop offs, layovers. I get to play lazy dispatcher and watch the more perishable 'packages' so that they don't spoil in the car and drive her bonkers.


But, minus the shoulder recovery and this could be the ideal life. So if anyone wants to finance a six figure salary for me, I'll produce a regular post and raise a whole buncha kids...I could even have 'em wear T-Shirts to advertise your products. Give us a jingle and we can work out the details...

No comments: